Homegrown music talent will be celebrated at GrandWest on 15 September 2017 when Night with the Stars, a tribute to South African artists, returns to the Grand Arena for the 2017 edition. The concert is brought to GrandWest by songstress Karin Kortje who initiated the first Night with the Stars in 2016 to celebrate local artists and show appreciation to those who support local music.
On the bill for the show are Karin Kortje, Terra Cox, Robin Pieters, Salome Damon Johansen, Carmen Exclusive, Rhema Verrie, Thami Shodebe, Craig Lucas and Camillo Lombard under the direction of producer and director, Basil Appollis. The winner of the 2017 Overberg’s Got Talent Competition will also get a chance to shine on stage at the showcase.
GrandWest’s PR and Promotions, Manager Elouise Matthys: “GrandWest is an enthusiastic supporter of local and emerging talent as demonstrated by our annual GrandWest Open Mic Jazz singing competition and our involvement with the High School Jam and Inspired Stages workshops. We are delighted to provide a platform for up and coming artists to perform alongside more established entertainers.”
Tickets to Night of the Stars are available at Computicket, ranging in price from R150 per person. The concert will start at 20h00.
- GrandWest / Open Mic Jazz / Six Finalists Announced
- Celebrate South African music Through the Years at GrandWest
- 2017 GrandWest Open Mic Jazz Competition Semi Finalists Announced
- Celebrate South African Heritage with a taste of the world at GrandWest
- Loyiso Bala, Danny K and Lloyd Cele in the mix for Divos Cape Town 2017