The Cape Town Music Academy (CTMA) in collaboration with The South African College of Music (SACM), UCT is presenting a 3 Continents Jazz Workshop - a series of free jazz music workshops and master classes on 28 November - 1 December. The venue will be the SACM, UCT.
The tutors are some of the world’s best jazz educators and performers from South Africa, Germany and Mongolia:
- Prof Claus Reichstaller (Trumpet & Big Band) - Head of Jazz Dept, University of Music & Performing Arts, Munich - Presenting workshops & classes in Big Band Playing, Phrasing, Improvisation, Breathing Techniques and Practice Routine.
- Martin Zenker - Jazz Bass Lecturer, University of Music & Performing Arts, Munich; Head of the Jazz Department at the Mongolian State Conservatory for Music & Dance; Goethe - Musiklabor, Ulan Bator, Mongolia - Presenting workshops & classes in Harmonic Issues of Bass Playing, Repertoire, Memorizing Techniques and Stylistic Diversity.
- Enji Erkhembayar - Goethe-Musiklabor, Ulan Bator, Mongolia; Munich University of Music and Performing Arts - Presenting workshops & classes in: Jazz Singing, Mongolian Art of Throat Singing / "Longsong".
- Carlo Mombelli - Associate Professor at WITS School of Performing Arts, South Africa - Presenting workshops & classes in Advanced Bass Playing, Artistry and Composition.
The workshops and master classes are open to anyone interested and are free of charge. Limited availability, participants must pre-book. Schedule available soon.
* This workshop initiative is part of a professional workshop series The Cape Town Music Academy (CTMA) NPC, will be presenting over the next 12 month as part of their mission to create education and performance opportunities for emerging and established contemporary musicians in the Western Cape. This follows a successful workshop week the CTMA presented in 2017 with Berklee College of Music in Boston, USA and the Stellenbosch University’s Community Music Unit which will again be presented in June next year.